Monday, January 9, 2012

True Consolation from Trauma

Give a sharp focus on the trouble we have today. Do not get confused about tomorrow as we do not know for sure what we will face tomorrow, don't we?


It was challenging days after funeral of our beloved baby girl. For me as a mother, I need to deal with certain trauma in this grieving process, different kind of it each day or sometimes repeated scene of her critical time of her life on earth came back to my mind.

What about tomorrow? Could I hang on and be set free from this deep sorrow due to the loss? I did not know for sure if I could handle this and carried on to the following years ahead. The days seemed so long, longer than 24 hours. I did my daily task, but still it seemed so long to wait for the day to end and laid in bed to sleep and waiting for the time to heal the pain of losing.

As a mother of our baby girl, the way I have been impacted by the pain of losing differs from my husband. That is the way God matches us, we complement each other. Loneliness leads my step to seek for true consolation. Words of God and blood of Jesus are always available to accompany me in the grieving process, providing the key for trauma recovery. Daily strength from His words, enable my whole being to stand up to this day. The blood of Jesus poured out for me is a proof that He cares for me evenmore in the awful moment of grieving process.

Song writer, Andrae Crouch, described the power of the blood in his song below that is sung by Selah.



The blood that Jesus shed for me
AWay back on Calvary

The blood that gives me strength from day to day
It will never loose its power

It reaches to the highest mountain
It flows to the lowest valley 
The blood that gives me strength from day to day
It will never loose its power

It soothes my doubts and calms my fears 
And it dries all my tears
The blood that gives me strength from day to day
It will never loose its power

It reaches to the highest mountain
It flows to the lowest valley 
The blood that gives me strength from day to day
It will never loose its power



No comments:

Post a Comment