Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Listen by Heart, Only by Ear Is Not Enough

Good friends and true friends are from God. Listen to a friend by heart not only by using your mind, not only to listen of what she said, and not only react by what she did.  



I have a friend, Moi Dina Sihite. She was the one I confronted with when I worked in tralala land, for tralala boss. As a subordinate, I had to subdue to what my boss has set for me. Some policies many times contradicted with her working agreement, and I was not aware of it.

My boss with the policy was just fine I thought. But as a team work with my colleague, this caused me to have war with this friend of mine. It just seemed to be hell on earth when this happened. It happened not just for a day or two days, but approximately six months.

One day, in the afternoon, when the office hours was almost end, we had a chance to talk heart to heart. The burden suddenly melt, the atmosphere of the feud changed. I was pity her for not making myself available to ask and hear from her by heart. I only used my mind to apply the policy.

Years passed by, I moved to another place, the next year she did. But now, she is still a true friend of mine. She proved it when she came in my most awful moment, it was when I had to be separated from my baby girl for awhile (she is now living with the Lord who loves her). Her presence before the burial meant a lot for me. The sweet smelling fragrance of her caring covered me and has helped me to took off my clothes of mourning.

Have a blessed year this year and years ahead, my friend. By your obedience, God who is your Lord guides your hand to bring you to the future He plans for you to have. As you rejoice in all God's promises and His decree, God will give your heart desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment