Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Can't Change The Fact That God is Faithful

We have not seen the rainbow yet after the storm. Even when we remember the promise of God we received from the Lord years ago, it seems that the specific promise of God given to us contradicts the incident. 

But we have this special assurance we can put in our heart. If we honor and worship the same God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...God gives us the same blessed assurance as that is given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is God who said "I am the Lord". When He said I am the Lord, God contains God's character in who God is.


The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is omnipotent God. God has sufficient power, resources, know-how skill, to accomplish what He has promised. What happen to us does not change the fact about God. Let Him work in whatever situation we have, even when it seems to contradict God's promise...when we see it from the physical realm.

We may not understand yet, but we can trust the second character that follows. He is faithful and He remains to be faithful. When God promised something, God is able to do what God has promised by power that God has, by resources that God has, by know-how skill that God has...but the most important is that God is faithful to His promise.  

Words of comfort come from:
Exodus 6:8
Amplified Bible (AMP)
8 And I will bring you into the land concerning which I lifted up My hand and swore that I would give it to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you for a heritage. I am the Lord [you have the pledge of My changeless omnipotence and faithfulness].
God is not a man that many times is unfaithful. A man in power, who has ability, resources, technical skill can promise many good things. But if he does not have faithfulness in his character, he may neglect his promise. But God is not a man that He can lie, He speaks something, it surely will come to pass.

Words of comfort come from:
Numbers 23:19
Amplified Bible (AMP)
19 God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the son of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good?
God cares to make His promise to become reality

Words of comfort come from:
Jeremiah 1:12
The Message (MSG)
12 ...for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.

We are with You, Lord God...walk with You and do things in Your name, to receive what You have promised...your inheritance for Your people. Let's sing and confess God's faithfulness with Gateway worship song.



If I call will You come
When I cry do you hear
I believe every tear

Is caught up by a faithful God

So I will cry until You come

Cast my cares into Your arms
I can't see past this storm
But I'm counting on a faithful God

Faithful God, You hold my life secure
All my days are Yours
I believe My God is like a fire defending me 

I believe You still heal
And demons still bow
I'm convinced there is power
In trusting in a faithful God

So I will praise till You appear
And set Your foot upon this shore
I declare that every foe 
Is subject to a faithful God



Faithful God, You hold my life secure
All my days are Yours
I believe My God is like a fire defending me 


And I know that You are mine
And I am Yours, I am Yours
I know Your faithfulness
It will endure, it will endure






No comments:

Post a Comment