Friday, September 23, 2016

Took Comfort in One and True God



Have you ever imagined, the day David wrote Psalms 23? Was it an easy day, when everything went on smoothly? I don't think so. The situation could be very uneasy, then there came out a song of trust to God. Many times, the most beautiful song, deep in meaning, is birthed out of brokenness.


The journey has not been reaching the final point. The broken spirit needs restoration to be able to move on because the time can not wait, the journey must go on and has to be in line with my commitment to God: being faithful in marriage, being a Godly wife and mother, being in service to The King. Human's plan may fail, people can fail me, but for sure, this is not the end of the road, then I can not stop. I have to go on and endure every process towards that finish line.

How did David comfort himself in the time of chaos, it was when his people were about to stone him because of their disappointment concerning their families were taken captive (1 Sam 30:1-6)? His people blame him in that tragedy, whereas David himself had to face the same situation. Certainly, it was an uncomfortable situation that David had, but he chose to find comfort and strength in the Lord.

Humans, like me too, needs that kind of comfort and strength, even in an uncomfortable situation. That comfort and strength talks about human heart. Heart that has been comforted and strengthened can move the physical body to go on, to do its tasks, in spite of the situation, while living here on earth, to bear fruits along the way to the finish line.

Words of comfort come from:
1 Samuel 30:6
The Voice (VOICE)
3 But David took comfort in the Eternal One, his True God.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Let's learn from David's Psalms, to sing it out of trusting heart, in spite of the situation. He gives you and me peace, in spite of the situation.

  Words of comfort come from:
John 14:27
The Voice (VOICE)
27 My peace is the legacy I leave to you. I don’t give gifts like those of this world. Do not let your heart be troubled or fearful.




The Lord's my shepherd, I'll not want
He makes me lie in pastures green
He leads me by the still, still waters
His goodness restores my soul

And I will trust in You alone
And I will trust in You alone
For your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home

He guides my ways in righteousness
And He annoints my head with oil
And my cup, it overflows with joy
I feast on His pure delight

And though I walk the darkest path
I will not fear the evil one
For You are with me, and your rod  and staff
Are comfort I need to know



No comments:

Post a Comment