Saturday, December 3, 2011

When Things Seem To Be Wrong

Those who have ever been in grieving moment because of the death of the loved one(s), we have had been in the situation. Empty chair, empty spot where used to be filled in, suddenly she is not there any longer. My grieving soul, awake! There are words of comfort for your grieving process.

Being on the first week of grieving moment, after the funeral service, I try to match my reasoning and my feeling with faith of God's plan toward this family life. It comes to another grieving week when 'if only' come to sit in an empty heart...if only we knew it from the beginning, if only there was recognizable symptoms, if only I could hear God speaking audibly.

Keep on thinking about "if only", I keep on being dragged to the sorrowful memory. I can only hear my own thinking, a loud voice that keep me on thinking the things that I cannot understand. Why all these things should happen? The loud voice keep on torturing me. I am unable to hear any voice of God through His Words, though I am actually looking for it. My mind has been set to hear the loud tormenting voices.

That morning at office hour in my working room at home, my heart was arouse to speak out loud the words of God that comforting my grieving soul:

Jesus, You died on that cross for me. You died to be a perfect sacrifice for my sin. You carried out God's plan to set me free from the penalty of my sin so that I can have eternal life with You. Jesus, You also died to take my grief and sorrows. Jesus, You have bore all of my grief and sorrows so that I can have peace, because in You, Jesus...I have a hope to see her again in the eternity with You.

Words of God to comfort us come from:

đź“—Isaiah 53:4-6 (Amplified Bible)

4 But [in fact] He has borne our griefs, And He has carried our sorrows and pains; Yet we [ignorantly] assumed that He was stricken, Struck down by God and degraded and humiliated [by Him].5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our wickedness [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing]; The punishment [required] for our well-being fell on Him, And by His stripes (wounds) we are healed. 6 All of us like sheep have gone astray, We have turned, each one, to his own way; But the Lord has caused the wickedness of us all [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing] To fall on Him [instead of us].

Click here to access other words of God for comforting our soul

No comments:

Post a Comment