Saturday, December 3, 2011

If I Have To Boast

How can one boast about his/her weakness? In the world that we live in, people tend to boast about their fame, their richness, their achievement...but never been said that people boast about their weakness instead of covering it up. But the truth can be find only in the words of comfort for weakness.

When I feel that I am too weak to go on, too sad to move on, too poor to go up...hi my soul, do not just stop and laying helpless. For God's words of comfort to greatness said that God's strength are made perfect in our weakness. He will infuse the strength into my being.

Words of comfort come from:

📗2 Corinthians 12:9 (AMP)

9 But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.

Do not come to worldly advice or looking for any source of strength from the worldly source, because only in God my soul can meet what it needs for satisfaction. If I cannot say even a single word, just sit in His presence. Admit to God.

This comforting song that is sung by Cece Winans will be very much helpful to make confession align to God's words of comfort from 2 Corinthians 12:9, that God's strength is perfect when my strength is gone. Just sit in His presence and sing the song as my confession of weakness.



His strength is perfect, so perfect
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me
No great success to show, no glory of my own
Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power, the weak becomes strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

We can only know the power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes
His strength in us begin, when ours comes to an end
He hears our humble cry and proves again

2 comments: